The Best Oven-Fried Chicken
The holidays have begun! You can feel the festive atmosphere at every step!
And of course, despite all the obligations, we have taken the time to take our children and their friends to the mall to spend some time together, and take photos next to the big Christmas tree and golden chariot with a lot of store-bought gifts.
The kids didn’t forget to visit KFC because their favorite are Chicken Strips. With the sound of ’’Jingle Bells’’, finally we went home after a few hours visiting the shops, sales, New Year discounts…
When we came home, we were still in a good mood, and everyone was thrilled with toys, clothes and ornaments , but something was missing… a tasty meal, like the one at KFC.
I remembered a recipe which is identical to KFC, but instead of fried chicken, a lot healthier OVEN FRIED CHICKEN was served. Kids, maybe because of the festive atmosphere or yet a good recipe, didn’t notice the difference in taste, and for me the most important thing was that this meal is prepared in a healthier way and the mood and enthusiasm were still there!
- 3 chicken breasts, cut in strips (I get about 3 out of one breast)
- 4-5 tbsp butter
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp seasoning salt (I use Lawry’s)
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place butter on a large baking sheet and place in the oven to melt (once the butter is melted, remove it from the oven so it doesn’t burn!).
- Combine all ingredients besides chicken and butter in a large paper or ziploc bag. Add the chicken and shake to coat.
- Take your baking sheet out of the oven once the butter has melted and place your chicken on it, leaving a space between each strip. Bake 10 minutes, flip gently with a pair of tongs, and bake another 10-12 minutes.
- Be sure to check to make sure your chicken is cooked, as the thickness can greatly affect baking time. You want it to be done but not overdone and dry. Bake another 5-10 minutes if needed.
- Remove to a plate lined with paper towel to soak up any excess grease. Serve immediately.